Thursday 2 June 2011

Pumped Up Kicks! (Sasquatch)

The Gorge!
(Sad fact there is a town called George close by and I kept on getting confused, I would get excited when I saw road signs and Allison would point out they said George not Gorge, argh I mean it's only one letter off!)
Main  Stage, is just breath taking

Wow Sasquatch was unreal! It was epic from start to finish and I had the pleasure of sharing the experience with two of the most amazing people I know, Allison and Rebecca! We drove down together in one car and shared a tent (I am not ashamed to say we spooned to stay warm at night!). We drove down via the Kamloops/Penticton root. I was briefly concerned that we had some how traveled back in time to January. I'm not kidding there was an intense snow storm we drove threw, it got us all riled up for everything else that followed. I could write a small novel about Sasquatch but I'll let the pictures(courtesy of Rebecca's camera) do most of the talking but I'm not gonna lie, I drank my freaking weight in booze a few times over this weekend.

The shit snow storm and it got worse than this, snow was sticking to the roads at the end of MAY!!!


Another highlight of the weekend, after seeing City and Colour, I spotted Dallas Green milling about with us common folk , Rebecca had the balls to ask for a pic, (and I am so happy she did)

At "Foster the People" one of the best sets of the weekend for shiz!

The Ladies (Rebecca, Allison and me)
The rest of the gang, we went down in a convoy, there was ten girls and two boys (poor boys, so much estrogen!)
Rocking out at main stage to Against Me!
RAWWWWWWW
Allison and Rebecca
Sets that rocked my socks off and/or were as some drunk guy said "Danced my dick off" too:

Day One: Rocked out hard core to Foo Fighters and Against Me!
The Foo

Day Two: (I was a little too intoxicated for my own good this day, too much sun and not enough water so it's a tiny bit fuzzy in some parts, but amazingly I didn't get sick or hung over), Local Natives were amazing, moshed to Death From Above 1979. I really liked Pink Martini. A huge disappointment was Iron and Wine they were hands down the worst of the weekend, it was a bit crushing I really love their music. Last but not least Glitch Mob.
Local Natives
Day Three:  City and Colour was so beautiful, I love their music so much, and they sound better live. Meeting Dallas Green after the show priceless, what a nice man. Flogging Molly was fun. Gayngs was pretty awesome because their lead singer looks Ron Jeremy, the voice and the man didnt match. Their song Faded High is currently on high rotation on my iphone well worth checking out. Yeasyer just made me smile. I lost my shit when they played ONE. I was looking forward to Modest Mouse, and they did not disappoint despite the fact  Isaac Brock is bat shit crazy, like when dude talked it was just words, pulled out from random places in his brain. He was also probably shit faced but man he can rock!

Modest Mouse being bat shit crazy!

Day Four:  This was my favorite day. Chromeo was probably my favorite set. Their lead singer was so surprised by how many people came to see their set, he had the best smile on his face. Dancing in the sun with thousands of other happy people. A very very close second for favorite show was Foster the People. They were on the smallest stage and that shit was packed like sardines. When they played Pumped Up Kicks, some people had scaled the wall and were dancing on top of the food hut's roofs. I can't really explain the feeling but it was good. To end the night off, I went to the dance tent. Bonobo, Skrillex and Major Lazer where unreal. My feet hurt so bad from dancing by the end of the night. Unless you've seen me dance, you can't really understand how hard I go. I love the energy, the moshing, just plain pure and simple rocking out. Skrillex is like death metal of the electronic world, and I really appreciated Skrillex telling the audience to look after the girls, in the crowd. I would go see him again in a heart beat.

 

Dave 1 and his cute little smile


Skrillex in the dance tent!
We live!
We made it home in one piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment