Friday 24 June 2011

I tell people to blow fast and hard.

Ok breath normal...back and forth....on the next breath take a big breath all the way in and BLAST it out hard and fast, keep blowing out all the way, I know you feel empty keeeeeeeppp going, almost there and BIG breath in all the way in, in, all the way to the top...  good job you can come off the mouth piece now.
Ok BLAST!! hard fast keep going!!
So that is pulmonary function testing in a nutshell. I thought I would hate this rotation. I hated PF in school. It's so boring. You look at lots of numbers, funny graphs and (in my opinion) random stupid rules. But I actually had a lot of fun this week. You get to be really social with the staff and patients. It's no easy feat for someone who can barely breath to do these tests, so it can be a challenge to get an adequate test.

That goes where again?

I was also in the bronchoscope suite. It was soooo cool. They put a fiberoptic flexible snake into a patients and take a look into their lungs. The RT is really involved and it was soo cool to see inside someone's lungs and take little samples of things here and there.
Allison is coming next weekend!!! yeah
So week two in the hospital a surprising success. I now need to go hit the books hard. One of the first lessons I've learnt is that I have so much to learn. And Allison will be down next weekend and I have a feeling the two of us are going to get into so shenanigans, so I need to get ahead on the school work, so I can take it easy next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment