Monday 6 June 2011

First Day of Clinical!

St. Paul's, and yeah I took a picture
Today was my first day at St. Paul's Hospital so absolutely very thing is so exciting. I mean I had butterflies in my stomach just walking to the bus. I arrived at the hospital 45min early, I mean I didn't want to be late but that was a bit of over kill. I was so excited that I took pictures of the entrance and leaving the house. To start off the day our clinical site coordinator quizzed us and the questions we get wrong we got assigned as homework!
My first day of clinical! Ekkkkk
 We did a lot of house keeping before going off to go get mask fit with the M95, they are special masks, you may have heard about them during the SARS epidemic. They are essential in keeping health care professionals protected from things such as TB and other communicable disease. To get fit tested they put you in this fun space suite looking think a squirt a substance that tastes like a mouth full of Tylenol. If you can taste it with the mask on you don't fit it,they test you until you find one that fits. We finished the day off with a two hour test. Not bad for a first day!
I come in peace!
Space invaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment