Sunday 22 May 2011

So begins the adventure....

So to begin with, I say I have dyslexia but I have actually been diagnosed with a learning disability otherwise unspecified, this includes a dyslexic component and other fun weird things. I'll also get the other fun things that are "wrong" with me out of the way. I have a diagnosis of ADHD (98th percentile baby!), sever asthma, and I cant smell (related to my asthma). I'll post on all those things later on. So on paper it pretty much looks like I drool in a corner and probably cant spell my own name. Fun fact: I used to not be able to spell my own name, Mabeline Laderge, "Bs" and "Ds" are sneak sneak letters but I've since mastered my name.

I am registered as a student with a permanent disability. I was diagnosed in grade three and have been retested a regularly since, it can make my life more challenging but overall I just think it makes me more interesting. My good friend Allison says I have my own language Madelish and people usually know what I mean (Usually).


I decided to start this blog, as I enter my clinical year of respiratory therapy school, my life has been changing at the speed of light and I want to chronicle my adventures. Another disclosure I will not be writing about specifics of the hospital. It is essential I keep patient confidentiality but I will be more talking about my experiences as a student. Deciding to become and RT was one of the best choices I have ever made. It's not an easy program, and I have struggled many times during the programs but so far I'm good at it and so far I love it.     

So if you have decided to take a read be warned my spelling, sentence structure and grammar is creative at best but like I said people usually know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment